Monday, April 18, 2016

Unconventional Grid

One of our latest assignments was the create a grid out of items that your normally didn't expect to see a grid made out of. The assignment itself seemed simple enough but when it came down to execution, it became rather difficult in the long run. I had a lot of trouble coming up with ideas for what to do but I eventually settled on one thing.

Candy.

It was so simple. Candy came in so many colors and it could be used in a variety of ways. The next question came to be, where would I get all that candy from? Luckily, I had several bags of Starbursts lying around from when I purchased several bags months back. I laid them out, all facing the same way and with the same side facing up, and slowly built an image out of my favored flavored treats. The end result? A large question mark block signature to that of the Mario series.

1 comment: