Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Art and Music

I spent a great deal of time taking a look through the links that were posted on our class blog page and none of them really stood out to me at all. Some of the links weren't that exciting or really all that great in my opinion. Then I came across one that we viewed in class and the memory was forever stuck in my mind. It was Die Antwood's music video for their song "Rich Bitch." It was way beyond what music I normally listen to and the themes and morals behind it weren't something I could really find myself interested in. But it still stuck out to me regardless. At first, I didn't really care for them or heir music, but then I began to start viewing them in a different light.

Art.

Art was the reason they were doing what they were doing. They weren't trying to make a quick buck off poor lyrics or trying to over-glamorize themselves like some modern day artists. They were only making art, and being artists, they were making art the way they thought art should be made. It really made me take a step back and made me start appreciating more types of artists like this.

1 comment: