Monday, May 2, 2016

Broadway

Broadway is always a topic in the art world.

Broadway, a place where the best performers dreaming of putting on spectacular shows for the enjoyment of an audience. Performing is an art just as any other and Broadway is perhaps one of the best places to go see that happen. I've seen a few Broadway shows in my life and from what I have seen, it's quite a spectacle.

For me however, it isn't the performance that interests me, but instead it's the costume design that I really get into.
The amount of time and effort that goes into the design of the costumes is intense. Hours are poured into a single dress to make it look just right for the performance and each piece needs to be perfect.

The one performance that I saw that really stood out to me in the costume department was Wicked. All the costumes that the actors wore really brought the whole performance together and it gave me quite a nostalgic feeling towards the old Wizard of Oz movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment