Monday, May 2, 2016

Installation Art

A few days ago, I took an interest in what was called installation art.Installation art is not only something I knew very little about but it was also the name of a class I happened to be taking next semester so I figured I had better get acquainted with it. What I learned was actually quite interesting.

It seems that installation art is a pretty broad subject that can really encompass a lot. It's art that can be set up in any area and then viewed by anyone. It's art that takes advantage of it's environment to create something out of the normal. The more I learned about it, the more I came to realize that I had actually been involved in several installation art projects at my old college that I went to. I never really understood the purpose of it then but now I feel like I have a greater understanding of it.

Below is the only image I have of the piece I helped create three years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment