Monday, May 2, 2016

Stencil Art


We were tasked in class to make a stencil. Yet again I found myself doing something that I had never done before...

So, in order to prepare myself for this, I did what I could to apply what knowledge I already had and my own resources in order to make a decent stencil. I used Photoshop to make a stencil outline of a Shy Guy from the Mario series and then printed him out, carefully extracting him from the surrounding paper with an exacto knife. I then tapped him to a piece of cardboard and went to work with a can of black spray paint until there was a think layer. Unfortunately, it bled a little under the stencil itself so there is some mess but I think it came out pretty well for my first time ever using stencils.

If it has any sort of meaning, I guess it can relate to the silent majority of the country who have to done masks in order to speak out for fear of losing what they hold dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment